Photo Editing App Development Guide: 3 Easy Steps to Make a Successful Photo Editing App like VSCO or Snapseed
Are you planning to build a photo app with great editing tools and features? The process of photo editing app development is pretty long but it can be divided into 3 steps so that you have an overall idea. We have summarized the long process into three steps to create the best photo editing app for android or iPhone.
“Taking pictures is like tiptoeing into the kitchen late at night and stealing Oreo cookies.” —Diane Arbus
Photo editing, on the other hand, is like adding more chocolate to them.
People have always loved photographs. When there were no cameras, there were painters who painted portraits. Now, with the advent of smartphones with amazing cameras, everyone is a photographer.
This is why photo editing apps are in great demand. These apps let the users highlight details, enhance light contrast or transform an image completely.
The process of app development can be quite complicated. We decided to make it simple by classifying them into three simple ones. We have developed over 40 video and photo editing apps which have been covered by the Huffington Post, BBC News, TechCrunch.
If you’re planning for a photo editing app development, then you might want to take a look at these 3 steps that will guide you through the entire process.
3 Step Guide to Build a Successful Photo Editing App
#1. Pre-development process
Before you build a photo app, you must be sure of what you exactly want in your application. The first step is to research the market you are going to place your product in.
This includes learning everything about your competitors and similar apps. You need to see what your competing image editing apps are providing to the users and how you can be better than them.
You must make a list of similar photoshop apps and what features these apps have. This way you would know what are their advantages and disadvantages.
Next, you need to hire a mobile app development company or hire app developers. To select a company, you need to be sure that the company has experience in building photography apps.
We have experience in developing photo-editing as well as photographer on-demand apps. One of our developed app- MyLovePics is an app for photo editing, especially for new parents. This app has a lot of new features apart from regular editing tools and sharing. Parents can make a community on the app and help each other by giving tips about parenthood.
To know more about this photo editor app for android and iPhone and other work by us you can check out our portfolio.
#2. Development process
After hiring photo app developers, you must have some idea of the development process. If you understand the process of making a photo editing software, you can raise your doubts in between and stay updated.
Our development process is pretty straightforward with 6 steps. You can see it in the image.
If you have any queries regarding the process or which features you should include in your app, you can reach out by filling the contact us form.
#3. Post-development process
This is the third step when you build a photo app. After the deployment stage, the app development process is complete. A successful deployment doesn’t mean the app will be successful automatically. There are certain post developmental processes after you make a photo app that would ensure better app performance.
- Technological support: This is provided by the app development company. It is different for each company. We provide a 3-month free of charge technological support for any problems that you face after we deploy the app.
- Marketing: You need to sell your app to the target audience as the best photo editing app. No one would download the app unless they’re aware of its existence and benefits. In fact, you need to advertise your app at appropriate platforms where your target audience might be, whether it is social media, news, or other apps.
- Monetization: There are mainly three ways which can be used to make money from the apps. You can use one or any combination of these three.
- Paid apps: For this, you need to integrate new and exciting features at a reasonable price. People won’t pay until you offer them something unique. You should start by giving a free trial so people know what your photo and video editing app works. Top image editing apps like FaceTune, Glitty use this strategy.
- In-app purchases: This is a sophisticated business model where essential functions are offered free fro the users but have to pay for accessing more advanced functionality. Top photo editing apps that have this model are Snapseed, VSCO, Adobe Lightroom.
- Advertisements: This strategy is quite evident and useful. This model brings revenue even if the app is free for users. Just make sure the ads are not annoying and can be closed at will. Best photo editor apps with in-app ads are VSCO and Instagram.
Want to Build a Photo App?
After reading the blog, you now know the process of photo editing app development. You might now have questions like ‘how to innovate your photo editing app?’. In fact, you can choose from a range of new and unique features to integrate into your app. Tell us which ones would you like to see in your app.
If there are still any doubts or queries you can feel free to ask us. We are a leading software and mobile app development company based out of Canada. We are known for our performance-driven and user-friendly apps in various categories. We have a history of developing seamlessly running android as well as iPhone apps.
To reach out to us, all you need to do is fill-up the form given in the footer. One of our sales representatives will contact you within 2 working days. Don’t hesitate to ask for a 30-min free consultation from our expert.
This page was last edited on March 3rd, 2020, at 5:00 AM.