How IoT Integration Strengthens the Value of Mobile Apps
The Internet of Things has revolutionized how we see mobile apps. Want to know how? This blog is for you.
What you will learn here-
- Benefits of IoT-mobile app Integration
- Overcoming the IoT integration challenges
- Use Cases for IoT Enabled Mobile Apps
First it was mobile apps that allowed you the accessibility to businesses from anywhere in the world. Next on, the virtual and augmented reality technologies redefined how we shopped, accessed the brand and even communicated with the people around us. IoT, Internet of Things, has made the world a more connected and unified place for our existence.
A good amount of users spend time using mobile apps. In 2017 alone, people in the age group 18-24 spent approx. 66% of their digital time on mobile apps. This goes to say a lot about how mobile app has revolutionized the lives of people.
With IoT mobile apps, the end-user is going to have a better and brighter and obviously well-connected future.
Why and how? IoT apps are all about connecting the various devices to the Internet and the only obvious method in which these devices can communicate over the net is mobile. It not only improves accessibility but also enhances immediate and real-time communication, thus enabling quick decisions.
Before we move on to understand the applications of what is IoT integration services and IoT based mobile apps, and the opportunities this integration has to offer, let’s look at some of the benefits associated with the IoT apps development.
Benefits of IoT-mobile app Integration
- An increase in productivity: Technology itself is known to boost productivity. Imagine an amalgamation of two different and unique technologies. It is obvious that the combination two will improve the overall productivity and efficiency of both the people and the business. When you connect devices, and allow them to communicate over the Internet, then you can seek real-time help, and ensure its immediate availability. For instance, IoT applications in healthcare are many. In a hospital environment, there is a constant need to empty the bin, change the sheets and other admin work. The admin needs resources to ensure that it is done on time. with IoT system integration, the admin will receive instant messages over mobile apps to change the sheets, and empty the bins. This way, periodic maintenance is easier for the admin, and the overall admin efficiency improves
- A reduction in overall costs: Let’s say, you know that a particular product does not work in the market, yet you produce the same again and again. It not only increases the cost of production, but also the overall inventory cost for the particular product. As a result, you are pressurized to sell them with reduced margins, thus affecting the profits. With IoT, you will gain insights into all your business solutions in real-time. this will not only affect the production, but also your decision making abilities. You will henceforth take insightful and necessary decisions, thus reducing the costs
- An opportunity towards multiple interactions: IoT helps the brands interact with the customers using different approaches. For instance, the iBeacons can help locate the product in the store, thus increasing the in-store experiences. Similarly, IoT can help you scan the QR code of the product, and know whether it is available at the store or not. You will also get to know the offers for the product with your mobile app. Slowly retail is advancing towards enhancing the overall experience of the consumer-brand interaction
- Creating better markets for expansion: With Iot based Android apps and iPhone apps, there are numerous opportunities made available for the brand. Earlier, IoT integration was explored in the home automation segment. For instance, people who forgot to switch off their ACs while walking out of the home could use the Internet of Things mobile app to switch it off. There were various possibilities, and the home automation segment explored them all.
Today, there is a whole market of opportunities lined up for this merger. You have data from smart homes, which helps you understand the user better, and deliver products that make their life convenient and better. Whether they are shopping, having a cup of coffee or at home, apps IoT have the opportunity to improve the quality of their lives.
If there are benefits, there ought to be some challenges in the segment. Here, we will discuss the challenges that come with the integration of Iot and mobile apps.
Overcoming the IoT integration challenges
- Whenever you eye a new technology or plan to adopt the technology for a new segment, the data privacy happens to be your number one concern. The IoT enabled mobile apps have made it possible for businesses to keep a track of the new data. It is important that you implement the right security technology for the IoT based mobile app solutions. You will find that the data from various points can be accessed as a result of this solution, which will make it easier for you to understand user behaviour. You can also obtain your insights with greater accuracy as a result of your efforts
- The mobile app that you have devised for the IoT solutions should be well-defined and should have a user-friendly design. The design should be planned in a way that the data accessibility is higher. It is important that you devise app solutions that can derive the data in real-time, and build insights on it. this can be quite a challenge if not performed properly. The UX should be able to handle volume with greater accuracy
- For IoT enabled mobile app solutions, you need to work in close quarters with the industrial experts and ensure that the processes are incorporated. You will need to go through every phase of development before you roll out the app for the users.
Use Cases for IoT Based Mobile Apps
- With IoT based mobile apps you can get better insights into how the user consumes a product or purchases it. it helps determine the kind of experience they look forward to, and will improve the in-store and online experience you offer. The store sensors will help understand the products that connect best with the audience. You can even improve the store layout using these mobile app solutions and the data achieved from it
- Home automation is another use case for IoT enabled app solutions. It will help you improve the quality of your homes. The users are able to operate on the devices in their homes from remote locations. You can use the IoT based apps to process any part of the home
If you have any questions regarding IoT integration in mobile apps or in any sort of smart wearables and devices, feel free to contact us. We have experience not only in IoT but also in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
If you want to hire IoT app developers, we are here to help you. We are a web and mobile app development in Canada with expert IoT developers. They have developed various IoT apps for Android as well as iOS platforms.
Just fill-up the contact us form given in the footer and one of our sales representatives will reach out to you within 48 hours. Feel free to ask for a 30-min free of cost consultation with our expert.
This page was last edited on September 30th, 2020, at 10:41 AM.